CHANGES IN ADMISSION PROCESS
- For International Applicants
Beginning from February 2023 the application will be handled via Uni-Assist. Tentatively the application period will be from 1st of Feburary to 15th of March each year. There is no "first-come-first-serve" policy!
The former applicaton portal has been closed permanently.
Since 2023 it's mandatory for Indian students to provide an APS certificate. We are aware that this induces extra efforts. As we are working on mitigation for problems which arise hereof, the most up to date information can be found on the pages of our international office.
Please note that an APS certificate can be requested for your most up to date study records, too. This enables your option to apply BEFORE you have finally finished your degree. In case you’re deemed to qualify for admission this way, you will get that information and you will be requested to send your final degree as soon as possible. A formal application then will be issued as long as the previous qualification hypothesis still holds.
- For National Incomers
Please use the TU Dortmund site www.campus.tu-dortmund.de to apply inside the regular application window. In this case, the deadlines published in that location do apply.
THINGS TO AVOID
Please don't send in hardcopies of documents. All mandatory documents will be checked in originals or certified copies during the inspection at the enrollment.
THINGS TO NOTE
- Please don't send hard copies of any kind. Originals or notarized copies will be used in the visa process or during enrollment.
- There's no "update", once you have sent your application, it will be processed as it is.
- There's no status report of your application before decision.
- There's no email confirmation, just the presentation of your application ID at the end of the application process.
- If you are studying in your final year, send all marks as collected so far. In this case we need a statement of tentative completion date which MUST carry the full title of the degree you are aspiring to reach.
- If you haven't completed your thesis yet or if your course doesn't use a final thesis, leave the respective field as "0"
- Questions regarding items listed here will not be answered.
- LANGUAGE CERTIFICATES EXIPRE: Make sure that your language proficiency test not taken before 2 years (to the day) in advance of the application deadline. Any older certificates will turn void on that date and can not be used for further applications!
WHICH DOCUMENTS ARE REQUESTED TO BE PREPARED FOR UPLOAD?
1. Your academic degree:
- Your degree certificate: (Bachelor of Science/Engineering or Sarjana I, Mühendis, Lisans, Diplôme d'Ingénieur d'Etat etc.) This includes notarized copies of the original and an offical transcript to German or English language, furnished by an official translator, if the certificate originals are neither in English or German. The requested degree must be 2.0 or better in the German scale.
- Your mark sheets of all terms and other records of your academic education in undergraduate studies. These mark sheets must include the grades as well as the credit points collected. Each topic should be clearly identified. This includes notarized copies of the original and an offical transcript to German or English language, furnished by an official translator, if the certificate originals are neither in English or German.
- Explanation of your grading system (see note 3 below)
- Applicants from China, Vietnam and India will need an APS certificate as a mandatory prerequisite.
2. One of the following language certificates: (see note d below).
- Bachelor degree issued by an University of a native English country.
- A German 'Abitur' with English as exam class
- Copy of the TOEFL Certificate with minimal scores as follows
- 1. CBT: 243
- 2. PBT: 590
- 3. IBT: 95
- Copy of IELTS Certificate, academic module (min score 7)
The ETS institution code (TOEFL) for sending results is 6292.
3. Proof that your curriculum has covered (see notes a/b below).
- at least 10% of marks gained in academic math.
- at least 6.7% of marks gained in computer systems/programming (no matlab or application level) courses. (make sure to send your most up to date transcript, including an indication of the workload per class, e.g. hrs/week, credit points etc.)
A motivation letter should be uploaded as PDF via Uni-Assist.
- a. Item 3 in general will be derived from your transcripts and does nor require a specific document. As a consequence of "5" admitted candidates are assumed to have substantial proficiency in computer systems and analytical mathematics, which is necessary in the mandatory lectures to follow and understand the content.
- b. Item 3 will be checked for your performance. You must have passed these classes at a minimum level of "C" or 65% or whatever is appropriate in your grading scheme)
- c. A specific "explanation of grading system" is required, if passmark and maximum marks statements are not an integral part of your transcripts. In many cases, the latter is conveyed on the backside of transcripts. So please send both sides in such a case.
- d. A general certificate of participation in a language course is insufficient for the purpose of application. Only qualified certificates which indicate the proficiency level by standing a final examination will be accepted!
Supporting documents, (not mandatory)
Furhermore, you may send
- Letters of recommendation (if available)
- Proof of scholarships (if any)
- All other documents which you deem to show your achievements
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION PERIOD?
We have requested to open the application phase from 1st of February to 15th of May! Howver, Uni-Assist is responsible for the setup of the application framework from now on.
We thank you for your interest!
During application, all requested documents must be scanned and uploaded as PDF to Uni-Assist. Notarization isn’t necessary in this phase.
Enrollment will be handled by our international office entirely! Please follow the guidelines which you have received in conjunction with your admission, once you have received it.
Enrollment phase (only for those admitted)
All documents used in the application pahse have to be sent as hardcopy in properly notarized form or as originals. These documents will get checked during the enrolment procedure.